How Do Defective Product Accidents Happen?Orlando Legal News
Online shopping is not a new phenomenon but one that certainly has increased as people limit their exposure to others and limit their time in stores. Throughout the country, people are both purchasing their products online and a few are still going to stores. For the most part, Americans are buying their products and using them without a problem. In some cases, consumers can be very seriously injured and even lose their life after using a product that was poorly made or defective. Many Florida defective product injuries are reported every year.
Some of the common injuries faulty products can inflict include:
- Burns and shock
- Broken bones and fractures
- Deteriorated health
This is not an exhaustive list of the injuries that you can suffer but it does provide a view of the gravity of harm you could sustain if you receive a defective product. Manufacturers that neglect and fail to thoroughly test and accurately develop their products can be held liable for the damages that any of their customers sustained from their poorly constructed products. When you have been injured by a defective product in Florida, connecting with an Orlando defective product injury attorney will be beneficial for you to obtain compensation for your damages.
How Are Consumers Injured by the Products They Buy?
The main causes behind faulty products that inflict injury include:
- Flawed designs
- Poor manufacturing procedures and techniques
- Unclear instructions and bad labeling
- Weak testing practices
- Not performing proper safety checks
Sometimes, the product itself has been correctly made but the retail shop that is housing it doesn’t store it correctly and as a result, the product degrades or becomes dangerous for the consumer.
Children are at increased vulnerability for harm from defective toys. Broken pieces could cause choking hazards, sharp edges can deliver deep wounds, bacteria, or other debris on toys that can cause children who are more prone to put objects into their mouths to become sick.
There are actions you can take to reduce your risk of bringing defective and dangerous products into your home.:
- When you are shopping for products either for yourself or to purchase as gifts check recall lists. This will help you determine if you should buy the product or if you already have it, whether you should return it for a refund.
- Always thoroughly look over new items before using them. Specifically when it comes to very young children, checking toys or other items that they may come into contact with may help you avoid an accident.
- Always read the directions so that you are using the product you buy the right way. Not only will this allow you to better enjoy your product but it will also increase your safety when you use your product. Additionally, if you incorrectly use your product and you are injured, this fact alone may jeopardize your ability to obtain compensation through a Florida product liability claim.
Do You Need the Help of a Florida Product Liability Attorney?
The Vaughan Law Group has the Florida product liability lawyers you want on your side after you have been injured by a defective product. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the Vaughan Law Group’s Orlando product liability injury attorneys at (407) 648-1426 to schedule your free consultation today.