Leading Causes Of Automobile AccidentsOrlando Legal News
Engaging in safe driving practices and wearing your seat belt are the two most proactive behaviors you can display to greatly reduce your risk for automobile accidents and injuries or death in a crash. Poor driving habits are easy to partake in, and the more you do them the harder it is to stop them. There are very specific behaviors that are directly related to causing accidents on the roads.
When you have been in an accident, there are several things you should do to ensure that your health and wellness, as well as your legal rights, are protected. One of those things is to contact an Orlando automobile accident attorney to examine your case and fight on our behalf against so that you see a fair settlement.
You will never be able to completely avoid your risk for an accident on the road but you can reduce it if you recognize the most common causes of accidents and refrain from participating in them.
The Five Leading Causes For Accidents
- Distracted driving is anything that takes your mind and eyes off the road and your hands off the wheel. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 9 people will die in crashes every day along with 1,000 more that will be injured due to distracted drivers across the United States. The National Traffic Highway Safety Administration (NHTSA) indicates that at any minute of the day in our country over 660,000 distracted drivers are operating a motor vehicle on our roads.
- Driving while intoxicated is illegal across the country and it is highly associated with traffic accidents. Inebriated drivers who injure or kill others on the roads due to this especially reckless behavior will not only be subject to civil punishments but also criminal. Anytime you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, make sure to have a backup plan. A designated driver or there are plenty of taxi and taxi-type services that can be easily called and used to provide you transportation.
- Driving at excess speeds doesn’t allow the driver to control their vehicles effectively or provide the amount of time necessary to make decisions while behind the wheel. Do yourself a favor and follow the speed limit. These numbers are in place for a reason and that is to keep you safe, other drivers safe, as well as pedestrians.
- Driving while drowsy is just as dangerous as drunk driving. Reaction times, alertness, decision making, and physical abilities to respond are just some of the deficiencies that occur in sleepy drivers.
- Inclement weather can pose many risks from slippery conditions to low visibility. If you have to drive in these conditions drive with extra caution including potentially having to reduce your speed to under the speed limit if necessary. If you get caught in a bad storm and are unable to operate your motor vehicle safely, consider pulling over until the storm passes.
Automobile Accident Attorneys In Florida
The Florida automobile accident attorneys at the Vaughan Law Group will provide you the legal representation you need to recover the costs you experience due to an accident that was not your fault.
Call our team of Orlando personal injury attorneys at (407) 648-1426 today to speak with a legal professional during a free consultation.