Where Do Fatal Traffic Accidents Happen Most Often?Orlando Legal News
Any traffic accident has the potential to be traumatizing, but when an accident is fatal, it is particularly distressing. In the state of Florida, fatal car accidents happen regularly. When a family loses a loved one due to a fatal Florida car accident, they have the right to file a Florida wrongful death claim on their loved one’s behalf. The compensation the family obtains can help them with all the final expenses they incurred as a result of the death, it can also help to compensate them for the loss of income that the death caused, as well as the emotional toll the whole ordeal caused.
If you lost a loved one in an Orlando car accident, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Florida automobile accident attorneys at Vaughan Law Group. The Orlando wrongful death lawyers at Vaughan Law Group are rated AV by Martin Hubble meaning that the attorneys at the Vaughan Law group are highly respected in the greater Orlando community as being both competent in their legal skills as well as lawyers who exhibit a high amount of ethics. For more than 25 years the attorneys at Vaughan Law Group have been helping victims see their full legal justice after a tragic Orlando fatal car accident.
What Areas Do Fatal Traffic Accidents Happen Most?
Any time you are on the road you can be in an accident that can range from a minor fender bender to a catastrophic fatal accident. The following places and individual have the highest rate of fatal traffic accidents:
- Low-income countries report higher numbers of fatal traffic accidents when compared to higher-income countries.
- Driving in a rural area puts you at a 50% higher risk for a fatal accident. Despite there being fewer people living in rural areas versus urban areas, these areas account for 60% of the fatal accidents that take place each year.
- In 2017, the number of fatal work zone crashes rose by 2%. That year there were over 200 fatal accidents that were large truck and bus-related.
- About 60% of fatal motorcycle accidents also take place at a much higher rate in rural areas than they do in urban areas.
- Urban areas pose the greatest threat to bicyclists. Intersections are by far the most perilous spot for bicycle accidents accounting for 37% of all fatal encounters.
- The elderly, and specifically, those aged 70 and older are most vulnerable to pedestrian accidents. Approximately 81% of all fatal pedestrian accidents happen in more crowded urban areas.
- Rainfall is responsible for 46% of all fatal crashes that happen in inclement weather.
Speak with an Orlando Wrongful Death Attorney Today
You deserve to see your full amount of legal justice when you lost a beloved member of your family and the Florida wrongful death attorneys at Vaughan Law Group will fight aggressively on your behalf so that happens. When you lost a loved one due to the negligence of another party in Florida, call Vaughan Law Group to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at (407) 648-1426.