Worker’s Compensation Orlando Florida- Getting Your BenefitsVaughan Law Group
Orlando, FL – If you have ever been in an accident on-the-job or get injured while working, you are entitled to certain reimbursements that fall under the Florida worker’s compensation law. The workers’ compensation benefits cover the medical expenses as a result of the particular on-job injury, reimbursement while the injured person is unable to work, disability benefits, vocational rehabilitation and much more.
You are entitled to receive all of it but unfortunately many employers do not give the reimbursements that easily. Some take advantage of employees’ lack of information about their own rights. To make sure it does not happen with you, it is important to know the basic who’s, what’s and how’s of the workers’ compensation law in Orlando, Florida.
What is covered Under the Worker’s Compensation Law?
The workers’ compensation benefits pay for the following injuries.
- Traumatic physical injuries incurred during accidents on-job.
- Repeated stress injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Repetitive trauma injuries.
- Occupational diseases
- Accidents that occur during job-related travels.
What Benefits Can You Receive
The benefits that you can receive depend upon the severity and type of accidents, and what state laws apply to it. A workers compensation attorney of your state can clearly explain what types of benefits you are entitled to receive. In general, the worker’s compensation benefits in Orlando, Florida pay for the following.
- Medical expenses
- Temporary disability benefits
- Permanent disability benefits
- Reimbursement for lost wages if you are unable to work because of an on-job injury
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Death Compensation
- Educational assistance
Whom You Can Sue
If you have been in an on-job accident and have already received the workers’ compensation benefits, then you may not file a lawsuit against the employer for additional reimbursement. However you can sue other people involved or responsible for your injury. For example, if you have been in a car accident while working, then you can sue the other driver provided it was the other driver’s fault. Or if you injured because of a malfunctioned or defective machine, then you can file a lawsuit against the machine manufacturer.
How to Claim for the Worker’s Compensation Benefits in Florida
- If you get injured while at work or develop any occupational disease, your first and most important step should be to seek proper medical treatment. Do not forget to tell the doctor that it is a work-related injury or disease.
- Next, inform the employer about your injury, as soon as possible. Make sure to submit a written notification within 30 days of your injury/disease. It is mandatory in Orlando, Florida.
- Once you submit the notification, your claim will be filed with the Florida Department of Financial Services’ Division of Worker’s Compensation.
- It is highly recommended to consult a worker’s compensation attorney in Orlando Florida to know what you are entitled to receive pertaining to your injury/disease.
Vaughan Law Group, Workers Compensation Legal Professionals
Contact Vaughan Law Group’s Orlando Workers Compensation Attorneys today for your free initial consultation. You can contact Vaughan Law Group at (407) 434-0074 or use the form found on this page.